7 Back-to-School Benefits of Building Toys
Whether your child has already headed back to school, is heading back soon, or is at home or preschool for a little while longer, building toys are a fun and low-stress way to introduce and reinforce many of the STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, and math) skills emphasized in today’s classroom. From learning to work collaboratively to building problem solving skills, check out these 7 back-to-school benefits of construction play and break out your Brackitz building toys today!
- 1.Teamwork – The ability to work in teams and groups is a key component of the STEAM curriculum. Introducing the concept of teamwork is easy with Brackitz, thanks to large-scale pieces designed to create builds big enough for multiple kids to work on at once.
- 2.Creativity – Out-of-the-box thinking is at the core of innovation, which is the overall objective of the STEAM program. With no directions and no limitations, Brackitz building sets encourage total creativity and imagination.
- 3.Problem Solving – Uh oh! That didn’t work… Evaluating mistakes and conceptualizing new solutions are the keys to problem solving and building toys make the process easy. Want to make a tower? Give it a try! If your tower tumbles, try another configuration!
- 4.Perseverance – If at first your build doesn’t succeed… try, try again! Kids are committed, and through playful trial and error they’ll eventually find a way to make their builds work just the way they want them too, proving that perseverance is the key to success.
- 5.Science Skills – Constructing with building toys provides the perfect, hands-on demonstration of key science and engineering concepts including gravity, symmetry, balance, and stability, enabling kids to build their way to a solid science foundation. To learn more about the way Brackitz builds science skills, visit our blog.
- 6.Early Math – From numbers and counting to geometric shapes, measurement, units, and more, building requires math at every step. Get kids comfortable with mathematic concepts and vocabulary in a comfortable setting, with Brackitz building toys for kids. Click for a tower-building math activity from Brackitz!
- 7.Design – Open-ended building toys like Brackitz encourage kids to construct their own creations, using their own designs. Evaluating and adjusting the overall aesthetic and exploring the look of different structures, patterns, and color combinations is an early introduction to design.
Brackitz is the only construction toy that lets kids design any structure they can imagine - anything. Our unique, connect-anywhere brackitz enables kids to create large scale, portable, 3-D structures – with no instructions or limitations – all while learning real-life math, science, engineering, and architecture skills.
If you’ve enjoyed this blog and think your friends, parents, co-workers, caregivers, teachers, dog-walkers, or baristas might, too, please don’t forget to share it.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.